Carne picada is spicy minced meat ground to add more surface and increase flavor. Buying it prepackaged can save time and energy and can be used in a number of dishes and for many ethnic foods as a filling. Here a MarkdownMom Chic uses it for burritos.
Elise’s Speed ‘o Burrito
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 1/2 c. diced peeled white onion
* 5 x jalepeno chiles, seeds and ribs removed, finely chop
* 1 lb beef tri-tip (carne picada) cut in 1-inch cubes
* 2 med -large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
* 2 x cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
* 2 tsp beef bouillon granules
* 1 x salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
METHOD: # Preheat the oven to 375°F.
# Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy heatproof casserole. Add in the onion
and cook gently ’til translucent/soft, 15 min. Add in the chiles and cook
10 min more. Remove the onion and chile to a dish and set aside. Raise the
heat under the skillet and quickly brown the beef on all sides, a fiew pcs
at a time. Return the onions and the chiles to the pan. Add in the
tomatoes, garlic, bouillon granules, salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour or
possibly till the meat is tender. Serve in hot flour tortillas.