The New York Times reported yesterday that American Designer, Ralph Lauren is stepping down as CEO of his company mimicking similar moves by other top American design houses. He will be replaced by former exec of H&M, Stefan Larsson. Recently, Lauren’s company has had financial problems stemming from competition in the haute couture field and an overall slump in revenue parly due to factors of a global economy. The designer, 75, will retain his position as chief creative officer.
The appointment of Larsson,who has a reputation as a strong in budget-conscious mass-retailing, may signal a parceling out of the high end fashion division from a more budget-conscious, family-oriented line.
Expect steep promotions at Ralph Lauren until sales recover, like the additional 25% off until October 4, 2015 using promo code RLGivers15. This includes Clearance. Free shipping if you spend $125 or choose economy shipping for just $5.
Bleary-eyed mornings, trembling hands, brain fog~all these are symptoms of Monday Morning Going Back To Work Blues. Well, Monday morning has come and gone. However, Tuesday, Tuesday is a chance to wake with a smile knowing you are going to cure all those morning symptoms and it won’t cost you a dime–nothing, zero, nada. Because Tuesday, September 29, 2015 is NATIONAL (FREE) COFFEE DAY!
Nothing can spoil the experience of a free cup of coffee, right? Well, one thing can–a bad cup of joe. But Catey Hill. reporting for MarketWatch has found the:
- Krispy Kreme: This may be the best coffee deal get a free 12-ounce cup of coffee, and a free glazed doughnut. Or you can also get a small iced coffee, latte or mocha for $1.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Participating Dunkin’ Donuts DNKN, -are giving away a free medium-sized cup of its dark roast coffee.
LaMar’s Donuts:Participating locations of this Midwest chain get one free 12-ounce coffee per customer and a free travel mug while supplies last.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: At participating locations, buy food onTuesday, and get a free small cup of Peet’s Major Dickason’s blend.
- Caribou Coffee: A worthy donation~buy a cup of Amy’s Blend, the company will donate a cup to the nurses and families in cancer centers nationwide.
- Wawa: Get a free coffee in any size.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: At participating get iced coffee and iced Americanos for 50% off
- Cumberland Farms: Text FREECOFFEE to 33733 to get a free iced or hot coffee of any size. Added bonus: starting on Oct. 9, consumers can get free coffee on Fridays at the chain offer expires on October 31.
- Pilot Flying J: Free 16-ounce coffee when you show the coupon for free coffee posted on Pilot Flying J’s Facebook page.
- Whole Foods: Buy a 12-ounce coffee is just 25 cents throughout the month of September.
Find a sale? Don’t stop there. Always check coupon sites for additional savings. Here are a few of MDM favorite sites for additional bargains:
- Retailmenot. For additional promo and freeshipping codes.
- Bradsdeals. Individual contributors share bargains along , plus promo codes, etc., plus Brad often gets additional deals with retailers on price and shipping. Great site for piggybacking promos.
- Freeshipping.org. One of the older sites on the web, originally offered freeshipping codes, but has expanded to listing promo codes and sales.
- Food on the Table app
- Grocery IQ
- PushPins app
- Safeway (Just for U)
- Grocery Smarts Coupon Shopper app
- CardStar app.
***MarkdownMom’s promo codes and sales today
- Stila. Free shipping until 09/30/2015 with promo code: THANKYOU
- Clarks. 20% off until 10/23/2015. promo code:EMVJKVC6AQB
- Jockey. 15%off promo code: MOBILE4ME
- Lanebryant. 30% off Clearance. promo code: DEALSFORMELB
***Coming soon to Markdown Mom’s Facebook Rapid Deals and more! Watch for it!!!
Ellen DeGeneres keeps flexing her many talents from comedy, tv host, furniture and decor, and now a new line on QVC. Last night, her home decor line with a few articles of apparel was debut on as part of their Countdown to Christmas promotion.
MDM especially liked the Cast Iron Word Wall Hooks for $21.70 featured price + 5.00 sh. We could see all kinds of applications in the home: hold keys, etc. in the entryway, cooking utensils in the kitchen, Xmas socks near the living room fireplace, clothes catch all in the bedroom, and on and on…
Joining the ranks of network shows with bargain deals, this week CBS ‘The Talk’ offered their latest installment in this category. MDM especially liked the price on the Akribos XXIV watch reg.$495 for $60. You have until September 29. 2015 to purchase this and other fantastic deals.
Since it is clearly the end-of-summer, season end sales are popping up. Although there are fewer styles and sizes, the savings are certainly enough to warm any bargain fashionista’s heart. Find maxi dresses to wear now and next year many under $20—I know!
Take a look at this maxi dress by designer Adrienne Vittadini, comes in indigo size small, right now only $19.50!
If you’ve haven’t shopped Dillard’s lately, these designer deals are a steal and well worth paying the pricey shipping costs (although MDM likes the extra care and attention they give to their packages reminiscent of bygone shopping experiences).
While you’re visiting check on the other additional savings in all departments!!!